None of the homeowners in Toronto feel at ease while dealing with mice. In the kitchen, attic, and dining room – a mice sighting can provoke surprise and fear in the eyes of even very composed homeowners. Unfortunately, mice are resourceful creatures that can enter into a home or a building through the smallest opening or a crack, and they require very little space to move inside. Mice can very easily fit through spaces that are as small as a nickel.
How Can Mice Put Homes at Risk?
Mice search for shelter indoors, particularly, during the fall and the winter. As soon as the mice are inside, they can cause a horrid invasion. They put homes at risk for electrical fires by biting the wires. They carry bacteria, and they also contaminate the food sources plus kitchen surfaces and equipment. So they are annoying creatures for homeowners.
10 Simple Tips for Mice Control
Fortunately, there are 10 simple tips for mice control in Toronto for homeowners. So if you are a homeowner who does not like mice infestation, then you can make the most of the following 10 tips:
- Trapping and Baiting: Trapping and baiting are two methods to get rid of mice in Toronto. You can utilize snap-style traps if you want to kill the mice quickly. You can also use tamper-resistant bait stations holding the baits in place & keeping the children and pets out to deal with mice. You will need to place both, the traps or bait along common pathways where you see droppings and bite marks. The typical paths are ledges, fence rails, and foundations.
- Seal up Your Home: You should seal up all the holes in your home along your exterior using recommended rodent-proofing materials. Make sure you pay attention to the doors, windows, and vents.
- Exterminate Outdoor Access: Cut down overhanging trees, as they can enable the mice to hop onto your roof. Also, keeping your trees properly pruned gives mice one less place to hide from the predators.
- Clean the Yard: Eliminate the piles of debris, clutter, and garbage from your yard. You should plant shrubs and bushes at least 3 feet (ft) from buildings, as these spaces provide safe habitats for mice in Toronto.
- Remove the Outdoor Food Sources: Gardens and fruit trees can be a real attraction for mice in Toronto. So if you have fruit trees, then you will need to persistently remove the dropped fruit from the ground. Keep the fruit tree trimmed to avert hiding spots for rodents. Apply a rat guard to your trees by fastening a piece of sheet metal 2 feet high around your tree’s trunk. Keep the garden free of rotting food and hiding places. Plant the members of the mint family in and around your garden to prevent mice attacks. You can also spray predator urine around the perimeter of your garden. You can find predator urine at your local garden store in both powder and liquid form.
- Build a Wall: You do not need to build a big or an actual wall. Making a 2-foot-wide barrier of crushed rocks can help you out with mice control in Toronto.
- Practice Cleanliness in and Around Your Home: Do not leave food in and around your home. Ensure that garbage cans and pet food are securely confined in rodent-proof bins.
- Invest in Mint: Mice avoid the scent of mint. So if you plant mint outside in your garden, then it can help you out dealing with the rodents. Even leaving some dried mint leaves outside in your garden can help you out.
- Take Help of a Pet: Cats are pets that are very helpful for keeping mice out of your yard and away from your home. Mice will stay away from your home if they smell a cat’s scent.
- Take the Assistance of a Pest Control Team: If you cannot deal with the mice yourself by following the tips that we have provided to you, then you should take the assistance of a pest control team. You will need to contact the pest control team and pay them money for their services for pest control. Taking the help of the pest control professionals is the best option for you if you want to deal with mice in no time.
As a homeowner of Toronto, seeing mice in your home can bring fear to your eyes. However, if you follow certain tips for mice control in Toronto; then you can take care of these troubling intruders all by your self. You can deploy a rat trap and seal the opened holes in your home to ensure that mice do not get an entry into your home. You can keep your home clean and plant mint in your garden to make your home secure from mice. If you have a cat as a pet, then your cat can deal with the mice. Last but not least, you should call the pest control team of Toronto if you think that you do not have the guts to take care of mice all by yourself.